Model Construction:Defining a uniform precipitation event
Rainfall can be input in one of three formats:
- Uniform constant rainfall over the entire watershed.
- Single temporally varying rain gage.
- Multiple, temporally varying rain gages.
All rainfall types in GSSHA must be tied to a specific point in time by specifying the year, month, day, hour, and minute of each rainfall data point. The GSSHA Precipitation dialog in WMS allows you to specify the type of rainfall and enter the necessary data associated with the rainfall type (Figure 5).
For a spatially uniform constant rainfall, the specified rainfall covers the entire basin for the specified period. The input parameters are:
- Rainfall Intensity - (mm/hr).
- Rainfall Duration - (minutes).
- Start Time.
Temporally and spatially varied precipitation is discussed in Chapter 9.
- Model Construction